Sunday, October 31, 2010

The journey begins into fondant and gumpaste flowers

One of my cousin's is celebrating her birthday this weekend and asked me if I would make her a cake. She didn't really have any specific guidelines of what she wanted, she just told me that she wanted it to be more traditional since she doesn't like the modern cake look. I got to work!

She chose a white almond cake with chocolate ganache filling. YUM! The best part of someone choosing chocolate ganache as their filling are the leftovers!!!


Anyway, her and I are eerily similar in our interests and likes/dislikes. I LOVE calla lillies so I was pretty sure that she would like them too. I checked with her sister first who gave me the green light! I made the flowers over the course of three days since you need to let each layer dry on it's own. It was lots of fun so I am looking forward to making different all different kinds in the future.


Here is her cake:




This pic allows you to see the fondant ball border better.


Happy Birthday Kristina! I hope you enjoy your cake as much as I enjoyed making it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment