Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fancy red velvet!

I've never been a fan of red velvet cake... in fact, I strongly disliked it and often wondered why anyone would choose to eat it. That was the case until my co-workers got me cupcakes for my birthday back in September! There was a variety box of twelve that we all shared. The next day, the lone ranger in the box was... you guessed it... a red velvet cupcake.

I ate it after my lunch that day. To my surprise, I really enjoyed it! Apparently I had been eating bad red velvet cake all these years! I set out to find the perfect recipe and I'm happy to annouce that I've found it!

The cupcakes below were made for a friend's birthday this past weekend. Red velvet with cream cheese buttercream frosting. YUM! I liked them so much that I made an extra batch for me and my co-workers!

Don't they look fancy?

And a close-up!




No comments:

Post a Comment