Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bake-off's

I usually don't like competitions and contests, I'm just not a competitive person. For the almost 7 years that I have worked for my school, I have never entered our annual bake-off until this year. I decided to make red velvet cupcakes until I found out that there were 200 people expected. That's a lot of cupcakes! Due to the amount of participants, I figured that mini red velvet cupcakes would be a better idea.

I spent the day before baking and icing over 100 mini cupcakes and everything thankfully went well. Getting downtown via public transportation, however, was a different story! A train and a bus during rush hour in Chicago is not a friendly cupcake environment. We'll leave it at that. ;-)

The good news is, they arrived in one piece and were enjoyed by many! Unfortunately, I didn't win 1st place, but I did win 3rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment