Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I know, I know, I'm really late! Somehow, I seem to keep forgetting to take photos of my cakes and cupcakes before they get picked up. I had to wait for my customer to take a develop her roll of film so that she could give me the picture of the cake that I made for her mom.

This year, her mom's birthday and Mother's day fell within a day of each other. She decided that she wanted a combo birthday and Mother's day cake.

She shared with me that her mom's favorite color is purple and that she wanted the cake to have the same flowers as the going away cake that I made a few weeks before. She loved them!

Below is the end result. This was a vanilla cake with a strawberry filling and iced with a vanilla buttercream. The flowers, vines, and wording were made of buttercream.

Please excuse my photo of a photo! I wanted you guys to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment