Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I spent the days leading up to father's day trying to decide how to decorate a father's day cake that would top last year's tie cake. The tie cake wasn't very difficult to make, but my family sure was impressed by it!

When discussing my dilemma with a co-worker and fellow cake decorator, she mentioned that her family was kind of caked out. Dare I say, we kind of were too. I went back to the drawing board and decided on one of my dad's favorite desserts.... cheesecake! I'm not a fan of cheesecake at all (I know, I know, I must be nuts right?) but everyone else loves it so I was confident that it would be a crowd pleaser.

I also decided to make a sauce from fresh strawberries and raspberries to pour on top. It turned out very yummy! I even had a slice!

So, here's a picture! It was enjoyed by all!


I also want to wish a HappyFather's Day to all the wonderful dad's out there! A special father's day wish to my dad who really was a wonderful example of what a father and husband should be and to my husband who is such a wonderful daddy to our 3 year old daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment