Monday, July 11, 2011

Mod Turtle

A friend of mine asked me to make a birthday cake for her son's 1st birthday party this weekend. She wanted to do a Mod Turtle birthday theme and asked for a 3d turtle as a topper.

Here is the final product:

This was a white cake filled with whipped cream frosting, iced with whipped cream and covered in fondant with fondant accents. The turtle on top was also made of white cake and covered in fondant. The letters on top were piped on with whipped cream frosting. It was all edible!

I also made the birthday the birthday boy a smash cake to enjoy. The smash cake was white cake with iced with whipped cream frosting with a fondant turtle on top and fondant polka dots around the sides. After I delivered the cake, I also added the the wording on top with blue whipped cream. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the final product.

I really enjoyed making this cake and hope that everyone loved it as much as I did.



Happy 1st birthday Ryan! I hope you had a great party!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! It was a beautiful cake and everyone loved it! It was a great addition to the party.

    ReplyDelete