Friday, August 5, 2011

A Hawaiian Sponge Bob party!

One of my long time friends (We met our first year of High School!) recently asked me to make cupcakes for her daughter’s upcoming fourth birthday party. Her daughter loves SpongeBob so they decided on having a SpongeBob Hawaiian Luau party!

I started off by finding these SpongeBob cupcake liners. Cute aren’t they?


My friend wanted the cupcakes to be bright and colorful and asked if I could make pink, yellow, and blue cupcakes with alternating pink, blue, and yellow frosting. She also wanted half of the cupcakes to have an umbrella and the other half to have a flower on top. I was excited to get started and so was my 3 year old daughter once she saw the mixing bowls and Kitchen aid being taken out. She loves being my frosting taste tester!

Here was the end result. Flowers:


Umbrella's:


All set up on the cupcake stand:


These cupcakes were vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. The flowers that you see on some of the cupcakes were edible. I think they came out pretty cute and were enjoyed by all!

Happy 4th Birthday Kayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment