Saturday, August 20, 2011

Banana Cream Pie cupcakes

Whenever I am getting together with friends, I am always asked to bring dessert. Last weekend, my husband, daughter, and I headed over to my cousin's house to visit with his family. I wanted to bring cupcakes but couldn't decide on what to make. I thought about my favorite desserts, and Banana Cream Pie was one that came to mind. I love it! Why not transform it into a cupcake?

I started out with a banana cupcake that I completely messed up. I usually take out all spices that I need from my cupboards to save some time before I get started. I did this, but forgot to put away the spices I used to make lunch that day. Unfortunately, I had to toss the batter because my garlic and cinnamon are stored in identical containers. Garlic banana cupcakes? No thank you.

After the mishap, I decided to switch gears completly and go with a chocolate cupcake. I had already made the filling and icing for the banana cream pie cupcakes, so they turned into chocolate banana cream cupcakes.

Here's a photo of the end result:


Chocolate cupakes filled with banana cream, iced with vanilla whipped cream icing and garnished with graham cracker crumbs and banana chips.

They were a pretty big hit! I embarrassed to share how many of them we all ate!


Because they were such a big hit, I decided to make them again this weekend for our girls day. My best friends and I make sure that we get together at least once a month and just hang out and talk. We have 4 kids between the 3 of us so we decided to have a potluck pool party this time!



One of my friends doesn't care for chocolate cake (What?!) so I altered these just a bit.


I made a cinnamon (no garlic) graham cracker cupcake with banana cream filling, vanilla whipped cream frosting, and graham cracker crumbs and banana chips for garnish. Here is a photo:

They were enjoyed by all!

What flavor cake/cupcake would you guys like to see next? Any ideas or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment