Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cupcakes

Halloween is a holiday that I never celebrated growing up. My parents were very religious and didn't approve of the ideas behind it. Were my parents the only ones?

When I was asked to make Halloween cupcakes for a costume party, I initially hesitated due to my ingrained response to the day. I've never done anything Halloween themed so I thought it would be fun to try.

We settled on cupcakes since they are so much easier to distribute and eat. I found some really cute halloween themed cutters and wrappers at Hobby Lobby that I decided to use. Here is the end result:




These were marble cupcakes with orange colored buttercream frosting. They were topped with black fondant bats, cats, and witch hats.



Here's a pic of the spider web wrapper:



Cute huh? I was glad to hear that everyone at the party had such good things to say about them!



Did you have any plans for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment