Sunday, January 23, 2011

Neon rainbow cake

Recently, my best friend asked me to make a birthday cake for her daughter's surprise party. Of course I accepted. I've said it before, and I will say it again, I love making kids cakes!

She sent me a picture of the party set that she purchased and asked if I could match the cake to it. Here is what she sent me:

I was pretty excited to get started. We threw some design ideas around for quite some time before finally deciding on what it would look like and what flavors it would be. Her daughter isn't the biggest fan of cake (crazy huh?) so I decided it might be nice to make a rainbow cake. I thought it would be really cool and was anxious to try it out. She agreed. We ended up deciding on a white almond rainbow cake with strawberry mousse filling and fondant decorations.

Here was the final result:
A side view of the cake:


And the rainbow surprise inside! Those of you who know my personally can guess how excited I was about this!
A picture of the whole cake:
What do you guys think? I had a ton of fun making it!

Happy Birthday Jely!

3 comments: