Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gamer's Cake

My brother turned 23 this past week and we celebrated his birthday this weekend. I wanted to make a special cake for his birthday but wasn't able to think of something that was completely him. We visited him a couple weeks ago and being the gamer that he is, he was playing x-box.

X-box! The perfect cake idea for him! I set out to figure out how I would go about making an x-box cake. Since my immediate family were the only ones going to dinner and celebrating, I decided that making a replica of the controller would be my best bet. I didn't want to end up with too much cake afterwards.


So, this is what I was able to make for him!


This was a chocolate cake with chocolate chip cookie dough filling and covered in fondant with fondant details. Here's a view of the inside:



Happy birthday Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment