Monday, February 7, 2011

More swirls and bows

My neighbor enjoyed the first cake they ordered from me so much that they ordered a second cake for their other daughter. It makes me happy to know that they liked the first one so much.

My neighbor was having some trouble coming up with what she wanted the cake to look like since she wasn't doing a birthday theme. I showed her some of the past cakes that I've made for inspiration and she loved the swirly one that I made for my friend's niece. I asked her if I could change the colors up a bit for the sake of my "rule" (which I suspect is going to have to go out the window soon) and she agreed. She even said that I could do whatever I thought was best. Fine with me!


So, here's the cake!



This cake was a french vanilla rainbow cake with a strawberry filling and a vanilla buttercream frosting. The bow and the lettering are made of fondant.


Happy 2nd birthday, Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment