Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy birthday Mom!

I know that lots of people say something similar, but my mom is the best there is! She has such a huge kind heart and really does whatever she can to make sure that those around her are happy and comfortable. We all are so lucky to have her!

She always makes sure that our birthday's are special to us kids so we decided that it was time for her to have a wonderful day! We decided to throw her a surprise birthday party this weekend. We didn't have an invite or specific party decor for me to model a cake off of so I spent quite some time thinking about what kind of cake to make for her. Ultimately, I decided on a purple, black, and grey present cake. Anyone who knows my mom knows that she is the present wrapping QUEEN! She has an obscene amount of wrapping paper and fancy bows. Oh, and her favorite color is purple.

I decided to do a multi loop bow this time I did it this partly because I wanted to try something new, but also because it's just something that my mom would love!

So here is the cake I made for her. It was a white almond cake with a strawberry filling. I covered it in fondant and then added the multi loop bow that was made from a fondant/ gumpaste mixture.

Here's a bit of a closer picture of the bow and details on the cake.

What do you guys think of this new bow?

Happy birthday Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment