Friday, February 4, 2011

Another present cake!

One of my co-workers is turning 25 this weekend and asked if I would make her birthday cake. I was honored! She wanted a hot pink present cake with a black bow on it. This is what I was able to come up with for her:



This cake was a red velvet cake with whipped cream cheese and walnut filling. It was covered in fondant with a fondant/gumpaste bow. Don't mind the wax paper rolled up under the bow. I put those in there to make sure that the bow survived delivery. I'll let the birthday girl take those out when she is ready. What you can't really see is that the hot pink part has a happy birthday imprint with balloons.

The bow that I made for this cake was different than the bows that I usually make. I thought it looked more realistic even though it's made of a fondant/gumpaste mixture. What do you guys think?


Happy birthday Lee! I hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment