Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

The majority of the time, I love baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes. Sometimes it's just plain hard to do though.

A close friend of mine asked me to make a birthday cake for her nephew who was turning 3. He was having a mickey mouse birthday party so she wanted his cake to have Mickey's clubhouse on top. I thought it would be a piece of cake (ha!) . Little did I know, how hard it would actually be. Part of the issue was that this was my first time carving something out of rice krispie treats and adding it to a cake. The second was that this was the first time that I've had a part of my cake collapse onto itself. It had to happen eventually right? I'm glad i've gotten it out of the way!

After a second batch of baking, here is a picture of the final product:

This cake was a confetti cake covered in vanilla buttercream. Everything was edible with the exception of Mickey who was a candle. Mickey's clubhouse was cake and his head and foot were made of rice krispie treats and covered in fondant.

I definitely learned alot from this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment