Monday, July 5, 2010

Where it all began!

Alright! Want to see some cakes? I'll start from the beginning with my first cake that was decorated beyond store bought icing, sprinkles, and a candle or two. Don't laugh....it was my first cake! Thankfully, I've learned how to keep the cake crumbs out of my frosting, how to cover my board, and to not stick random utensils into the cake if I run out of hands ;-)



My second cake that I made was for my mom's birthday. It turned out a bit better. It was a yellow cake that I dyed purple inside. The things at the bottom are sweet pea flowers and NOT feet- thanks for that Dad!

Third cake for class was cute and a lot of fun! My daughter couldn't wait to dig right in! Notice her arm in the background. Daddy had his work cut out for him trying to keep her away so that I could take a picture!




And my final cake! I had a ton of fun figuring out how to use fondant. My present cake- isn't it cute?













No comments:

Post a Comment