Sunday, July 25, 2010

Becoming a teen

To those who know me, it's no surprise that I love bright (and sometimes borderline obnoxious) colors. I think that's one of the reasons why I like making kids birthday cakes so much. You can be creative and bright and it's ok!


A friend's niece turned 13 this weekend and asked me if I would make a cake for her birthday party. The birthday girl requested a chocolate cake with strawberry filling. She also wanted the cake to be "hot purple" and mentioned that her other favorite colors were blue and green.

This is what came of it:

Front view-

Back view-

This cake was really fun to make even though my hands are still purple and blue from tinting the frosting. It's so bad that I wonder if they will go back to normal. How did I make such a mess?!

Want to know what's scarier than purple hands? Delivering a cake! It's especially scary when you need to cross over train tracks to get to the house. Stress, stress, stress, but the cake and I made it in one piece!

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment