Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cakes to celebrate our old campus!

I was approached recently by the president's secretary for the school that I work for. We are moving to a new campus soon and she asked if I would be interested in making a cake for the goodbye celebration in honor of our old campus. The only requirement that she had was that she wanted it to include both our old and current logo's. There were so many options running through my head, that it was difficult to narrow things down and create a game plan. What kind of cake to make? What kind of design to use? So many possibilities.

Ultimately, I decided that it would be cool to make individual cakes to portray each of our logo's. Doing things this way also solved the dilemma of what kind of cake to make! Everyone has a favorite right? The photos below are results of that idea. I'm pretty happy with how they came out!

The old logo was a chocolate fudge chocolate chip cake covered with an almond buttercream frosting and fondant accents.

The new logo was a yellow butter cake covered in almond buttercream with fondant accents.



No comments:

Post a Comment