Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cupcakes!

Cupcakes....what's not to love? They are easy (no forks) and fun (they come in a cute little cup) to eat, a lot of fun to make, and you get your own individual portion. I love cupcakes!

Saturday morning I was hanging out with my daughter avoiding all of the housework that I needed to get done when my mom called and invited us over for dinner. My grandma is in town from Puerto Rico and of course I wouldn't miss the chance to see her while she was here. I accepted and my mom was like oh yeah... and can I order a few dozen cupcakes for you to bring over for dessert? Of course mom. Nothing like last minute!

I had a few recipes that I wanted to test out and my mom didn't have a preference on flavors so I got to work! The flavors I chose were pink lemonade and smores. The smores cupcakes were so yummy! I've established however, that pink lemonade is NOT my favorite. Others seemed to have liked it though so that was good. On to the pictures!

Pink Lemonade cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing:

And these were the smores cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream icing:
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment