Monday, July 5, 2010

Anjali turns 2!

So.. one of the other reasons that I started to take cake decorating classes was because I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on my daughter's birthday cakes when I could very well do them myself. She loves Minnie Mouse so I set out in search of a minnie cake that I thought was doable. I didn't want to do something that would take to much time since I was also making a 4th birthday cake for my goddaughter. Thankfully, I took the friday before off from work because it took me a lot longer than expected although that might have had something to do with my soon to be two year old "helper" who kept insisting that she taste test my frosting!


After many many hours though, I finally got them done... a 2nd Minnie birthday cake and a 4th Tinkerbell birthday cake. The first layer of the minnie cake was confetti and the second layer was chocolate. The first layer of the Tink cake was confetti and the second was a butter cake. They were both frosted with almond buttercream.

I thought they came out pretty cute- although between you and me, that bow was almost the end of me! Here they are!











No comments:

Post a Comment